I always say better late than never so in honor of the V-day weekend I am doing my own rendition of a top ten list. Here are my "I HEARTS" from this sweet, candy coated, over processed, definitely commercialized holiday.
Side note: I did not receive endorsements or campaign support for any of the following ten list items, they come from my heart!
1. I heart my husband who showed up with his endearing Van Ahn style and gave me neon colored daisies from Cub, and a homemade card with a hand written poem entitled "Be mine cheap Valentine". Here's one of the sweeter nuggets from his original piece 'so here you are baby, the first but not the last, my love for you comes in the form of value shopping, just think of the savings we will amass'
2. Again, I heart my husband. He cleaned the whole house and picked up breakfast from Colossal cafe for us.
3. I heart our friends Cathy and Sarah who dropped off our wedding present this weekend. A book on composting AND a compost er. This is going to come in very handy for my 30 days of zero waste experiment. I can't wait!
4. I heart that even though I don't want to go to yoga I can always appreciate Shavasana (corpse pose) at the end of class.
5. I heart that I am going to Dallas on Wednesday to visit my sis Carrie and her family.
6. I heart sleeping in on the weekend.
7. I heart being able to hang with the whole fam on Saturdays when we visit Adam, and I totally heart my bro. I am proud of who he is and his courage.
8. I heart hanging out with wonderful friends through out the weekend. Even on V-day we went out as a group and had the best time!
Pictured from left, Matt, me, B, Mo, Ry, and Adam. We ate steak and laughed till our faces hurt!
9. I apologize in advance for this one but I heart cable. It is awesome that even though a glitch in Tivo prevents it from taping Monk I know I'll get a chance to see the same episode two days later.
10. I heart Nikita, Joey, and Cleo. Our American short hairs. We watched Cats 101 this weekend and found out that our cats are; going to live a long time, have few grooming needs, and get along with other animals. Tell that to Joey and Cleo fighting over the cat cigar Matt brought home this weekend they need to hear it.
My top ten "I hearts". I reserve the right to do this again, whenever I want, even if it is July. Every day should be heart day!
From Og Mandino 'The Greatest Salesman in the World' the scroll marked II; I will greet this day with love in my heart. Henceforth will I love all mankind. From this moment all hate is let from my veins, for I have not time to hate, only time to love....If I have no other qualities I can succeed with love alone. Without it I will fail though I possess all the knowledge and skills of the world. I will greet this day with love in my heart, and I will succeed.
with love in my heart, L-
gratitude = grand parenting times 4
2 years ago